Norwegian Society for Oil and Gas Measurement
The Norwegian Society for Oil and Gas Measurement is an independent society for personnel engaged in measurement of oil and gas in the Norwegian oil and gas business.
In the technical area the Society’s activities include flow measurement, sampling and online quality measurement in processing and transportation facilities.
NFOGM’s activities include the following:
- Arrangement of a one day technical seminar in connection with the Annual Meeting. The Annual Meeting takes place in the period 1st. February – 1st. April. The location changes from year to year, the board attaches importance to arranging the meetings in the cities where the members live.
- Appointment of metering specialists for the arrangement committee for the North Sea Flow Metering Workshop in Norway. NFOGM also appoints the Norwegian representative in the British arrangement committee when NSFMW is to be arranged in Scotland.
- Publication of technical documents / handbooks. So far (1997) a handbook in multiphase metering, “Handbook of multiphase metering – NFOGM report No. 1 1995” has been issued.
- Award scholarships and travel grants in connection with metering activities, to persons or institutions
- Assistance in providing lecturers/ guest lecturers to universities / schools within oil- and gas metering
- Coordination of Norwegian activities within international standardization of oil- and gas metering. NFOGM, among other things, issues recommendations to NTS (the Norwegian technology standardization organization), at voting’s in connection with ISO- and CEN standards.